Search This Blog

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Believe, Achieve, Receive

This morning as I drove into work in my new-to-me Toyota Rav4, something amazing hit me. I had spoke and willed my ride into existence. Seriously! The power in thought and words is immeasurable. I had been dreaming of owning a small truck for a very long time and had even wanted it to be forest green. I told everyone that one day I would have it and now I do and it is exactly as I had imagined years ago. But it wasn't just the thought and words that brought my dream into fruition.

Words are powerful. In fact, a great deal of the Bible talks about the power of the tongue as a double-edged sword and the effects words can have on our lives. We are cautioned about how we use our words with one another from early childhood because of the impact that they can have. An entire revolution sprung forth after the book/movie "The Secret" highlighted the benefits of the law of attraction. But something very critical was missing in that movie.

My thoughts and words by themselves are very powerful indeed but in order for me to fully realize my dreams, I had to also be moved to action. Because I did want a new ride, I chose to believe that I would get it but then I also performed the necessary steps to make it be. I started reviewing and revising my credit history in case I needed a loan. I began saving specifically for the vehicle and I launched a search to begin pricing vehicles. Then I went out and test drove my options until I was ready to make a purchasing decision.

I share this with you because not too often do things really happen on a wish and a prayer but many of us walk around with our heads in the clouds thinking this to be true. I know that I have often dug my hands into the hope chest - hoping my dreams would come true.

The truth of the matter is that no matter what your dream is, it is probably achieveable; but, you have to DO something to make it happen. To ensure that your wildest dreams come true, you have to set your B.A.R.

B. Believe that it can happen and speak it into existence.
A. Achieve by creating an actionable plan that you consistently work on completing.
R. Receive all the fruits of your LABOR!

Your level of engagement, or how high you set your B.A.R., is a direct indication of how fast, if ever, you will make your wildest dreams come true. I set my B.A.R. really high and have yet to be stopped.

Choose to continue sifting through the hope chest or become unstoppable. Really, it's your choice!

1 comment: